Disclaimer: The following information is based entirely on our own independent research and any statements made about our products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. We recommend that you consult with a qualified doctor or healthcare professional before embarking on a treatment plan for any or all diseases and ailments.
While we strive to provide you with the latest research findings from reputable websites and sources, we are not medical professionals and none of the below information should be treated as medical advice. This guide is intended to provide general information regarding our products only.
The cannabidiol CBD industry has exploded in recent years, with hundreds of companies launching daily to deal with the high demand for a wide range of CBD products.
However, with each company making similar claims about the effectiveness of their types of CBD products, it can be difficult to know which ones to use, and more importantly, which ones to trust.
Of course, you want to ensure that you are purchasing a quality product and that you are choosing the right CBD product for your own personal needs.
Whether you are a first-time buyer or you have made a mistake when buying CBD oil in the past, the guide below will help you to choose the right product, the right supplier, and the right way of taking CBD.
However, let’s first start with understanding exactly what CBD oil is and where it comes from.
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil, or cannabidiol, is a product that is derived from cannabis and is popularly discussed as a potential natural remedy for many common ailments, although it is not intended to diagnose treat or prevent any diseases or illnesses.
You can currently choose to purchase either full spectrum CBD oil, broad spectrum CBD oil, or CBD isolate.
- A full spectrum CBD oil product includes a variety of cannabinoids and other compounds, as well as trace amounts of THC.
- A broad spectrum CBD oil is the same as a full spectrum CBD oil but with the THC removed.
- A CBD isolate contains 99% pure CBD and comes in the form of a pure white powder, oil or other forms.
What is the CBD entourage effect?
To put it simply, the entourage effect helps to maximize the effects of CBD oil. It means that the cannabidiol in your CBD product is not solely responsible for the effects that the CBD has on your body; other cannabinoids such as CBN and CBDV, as well as terpenes, are also helping to improve your CBD product experience.
This is why many customers aim for a full plant extract or whole plant extract when buying CBD oil products online.
What is the difference between marijuana and hemp plants?
If you are currently under the misapprehension that CBD oil and CBD oil related products come exclusively from traditional marijuana plants, you will be pleased to know that this is not the case.
While both hemp and marijuana come from the same species of cannabis plants, marijuana is used to classify varieties of cannabis that contain more than 0.3% THC, whereas hemp is used to classify varieties that contain 0.3% or less THC.
Currently, only hemp-derived CBD oil is federally legal, as it contains barely a trace amount of THC and does not produce any “high” effect.
How can I ensure that I buy high-quality CBD oil?
Although you will be able to find companies that sell CBD oil and CBD products all over the world, it is a good idea to only purchase domestically grown industrial hemp, as plants grown on American soil are subject to higher quality controls such as limited exposure to pesticides and better growing conditions.
Selling CBD products at either very low or very high prices are both red flags that should alert you that something is not right with a product’s levels of CBD and THC. These companies should be avoided at all costs.
Instead, look to suppliers that:
- Openly share their manufacturing processes
- Have clear and consistent product labels
- Use independent third-party lab testing
- Have a certificate for analysis issued for quality assurance.
Here at The Violetta Company, all our CBD products have been third-party lab tested and manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices, meaning that when you purchase one of our products, you know that you will not experience any unwanted psychoactive effects of THC but instead enjoy a positive and beneficial experience each and every time. All of our hemp is organically grown in Kentucky, USA.
How can I ensure that my CBD oil contains the right amount CBD?
Most CBD oil products, whether that be CBD topicals, CBD tinctures, or CBD capsules, will have a number on the bottle or container; these usually range from 300mg to 10000mg. It is important to realize that this number is not the amount of CBD oil that you get in every tincture or tablet, but the total quantity of CBD contained within the product container.
There is currently no correct CBD dosage, and the optimal dose for you will be dependent on your body type, CBD tolerance, and the reason you have for you taking CBD oil. It is normally a case of trial and error, although it is advised to start with small doses and gradually work your way up if needed. All of Violetta’s CBD products are optimally balanced, in our opinion, to provide you an amount of CBD that achieves your optimal desired effects without wasting your money.
How should I take CBD oil?
The method of delivery you choose when purchasing CBD oil is dependent on your own personal preferences, how quickly you want the product to work, and what you are trying to achieve from taking either full spectrum or THC free CBD oil.
You can choose from:
- Swallowing your CBD oil orally with common products, including CBD tinctures made from iso hemp oil or full spectrum oil, edibles, capsules, or powder.
- Applying your CBD oil via CBD topicals such as skin creams, gels, body butter and lotions.
- Inhaling your CBD through a vape pen or dab (we do not sell such products as we do not promote smoking in principle).
- Ingesting your CBD oil through CBD-infused food.
What to avoid when buying CBD oil online
- Free tester bottles. If you see a deal that seems too good to be true, it probably is. Companies that offer free CBD oil products where you only pay shipping costs should be regarded with skepticism, and if you sense they may be playing some trick with you then they should be avoided at all costs.
- No third-party lab testing. Any reputable CBD company will publish their third-party lab results on their website or have them available upon request.
- Social media suppliers. If a supplier is only selling their CBD products on social media but has no official website, you probably should not be buying CBD oil from them.
- Limited reviews. A lack of positive reviews, or even negative ones, suggests sellers may be falsely advertising quality CBD oil. However, it should be noted that some negative reviews are created by competitors – so you should look at all the reviews generally as a whole before passing judgment.
- Unsubstantiated claims. The Food and Drug Administration has only approved one CBD product to treat two rare forms of epilepsy. Any supplier that makes fantastical claims about their CBD oil is unlikely to be selling a quality product and this may send a negative signal about their corporate ethics as well.
Here at The Violetta Company, all of our CBD products are gluten-free, organically grown and 100% vegan where designated. Furthermore, they have been third-party lab tested and manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices, so you know exactly what you are getting when you are buying CBD oil or a CBD product from us.
If you would like more information about buying CBD oil or have any questions about how our CBD products can be used, please get in touch with us today.
Furthermore, we also have other terrific blog articles such as How Can CBD Oil Be Used?. — We are The Violetta Company.